Tuesday 21 May 2024

loss of credibility

Meg O'Neill has just destroyed her credibility. She has made a demand which, deliberately or not, places her firmly in the my-way or the highway camp.
She calls for "truth on climate" 
Blak people call for "truth-telling". By which they mean, ignore all documented history, you must accept what I tell you that I vaguely remember of what my now dead granny told us kids when we were young enough to listen to fairy stories.
Take my word as truth and everyone else is telling lies.
O'Neill -- boss of major resource exploitation company Woodside -- wants us to ignore other views and accept her word as the one and only "truth".
She mentions "science". But with one word, truth, she has linked mining companies with people who demand that we accept facts only as far as the facts support a one-sided view of history.
Take my truth. All else is lies.




Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood
   

No comments: