Monday 7 August 2023

it's our heritage

I am being denied the right to protect my natural and cultural heritage. I was born in Western Australia. I love the State and would protect it. I am proud of our ten thousand years of history, I want to preserve it.
The Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act allows indigenous groups to appeal against damage to our heritage.
Am I not Blak enough to care?

Aboriginal people can identify areas which, for them, have special significance. Just as I can identify a church or a river.
Everyone -- Blak or Whyt -- deserves the right to protect those areas of  significant heritage.
Forget "Aboriginal". We need an effective Cultural Heritage Act.

====


Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===


In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Also, there's lots of competition for handicapped parking. (Alfred E. Neuman)

pwMapAppreadMe)


No comments: