Wednesday 23 August 2023

don't listen to me

I don't particularly like Stan Grant. I don't know him but he strikes me as a person whose career is based on being black.
This time, I agree with him:

On the ABC show W&A the panel members  have been picked because "they have conflict rather than seeking to find connection."

Well of course.
The whole point of a panel discussion is to discuss different opinions.
The problem is that discussion so easily becomes attack.
Then the attacks continue onto social media, where ignorance and insult will always shout down and shut down open minds.
Your mind is only really open if you completely agree with me.
It's a good reflection of society in general, really.

Compare that to You Can't Ask That. Where weird people are allowed to quietly present their own views. Where they quietly demonstrate that they are different -- but still real people.

Back to Q&A. No-one wants a reasoned discussion. No-one wants to find a compromise solution. All we want is for our own ideas to prevail. If you don't agree with me -- I will shout and scream and attack. I will throw a tantrum until you pretend to listen.

I write this blog because I have opinions but don't expect anyone to listen. Certainly not to change their minds. 
It's nice if you agree. But I accept that your opinion (however wrong:-) is a perfectly valid opinion. Right or wrong.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Too many people consider themselves open-minded when they're really just empty-headed. (Alfred E. Neuman)


pwMapAppreadMe)


No comments: