Wednesday 1 February 2023

we never learn


"Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it"
====

When I was young I read a book set in WWII Europe. It was a story of a family fleeing from Nazis They fled because the Nazis had nailed shut the doors of their family home. Burning the house would be the next step. Probably with the family inside. Perhaps the family were Jewish? I can't remember but it seems likely.

That book has left me with a nasty memory. And a desire to never see such things happening again.

Meanwhile in present-day Jerusalem: A man murders Jews. He is killed because justice is quick in Jerusalem. No problem there.

But being quickly killed is only the beginning of justice.
Next, the man's family have their citizenship revoked. "Justice" across the generations.
Then the doors to his family home are welded shut.
What next? Burn the house?

We are never allowed to forget the history of Nazis, Jews and WWII.
It seems that the lessons do not apply in Jerusalem.



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

"Yesterday I knew nothing. Today I know that." ... per Ginger Meggs

Dying for you to read my blog, at https://notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com/ :-)

No comments: