Sunday 7 August 2022

from Stigma to Profit

Renee Gardiner had a near-death experience. This inspired her to become a death-doula (We need to break stigma of death, 6th August). A doula is a person with no real qualifications who is paid to manage someone else's life at a critical period. It's all about sweet smells, soft lights and mood music.
Let's look at her experience. She had open-heart surgery. Best medical attention. A lot of care and attention during recovery.
during Recovery.

Now she leads a normal life.

That is not dying.

Dying involves the expectation of an absolute end. No recovery. Just death. The end.

The medical care may make it painless. That's why I don't -- much -- fear my own death. Scented candles, soft music, dimmed lights -- will not help. It may help my friends and family.
I will still die.
Her near-death experience has made her aware of the profit to be made from death. Don't pretend that a death-doula can in any way change change dying into a pleasant experience.

My own death will be years sooner that I would have hoped. Pity about that. But, it happens. An unqualified death-doula is not going to change that. Not for me. Because I'll die anyway.

But go ahead, waste your money. It will make the survivors feel better. And -- like a fancy funeral -- it's all done for the living survivors.

This is me, dying:

Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
...        Agamedes Consulting / Problems ? Solved
===

If you're not a part of the solution, then you're part of the vast majority. (Alfred E. Neuman)

Dying for you to read my blog :-)

No comments: