Tuesday 23 January 2024

regrets suck

"when told of a serious diagnosis" a man will wish he had lived a better life (letters 23/1). Really? Does impending death teach nothing?

When I was told that my cancer is incurable and terminal, I set my mind to a positive future.
Yes, it took a while. And some effort. I told my wife that we had perhaps two more years. So we set out to enjoy life. Okay, to continue to enjoy life.
It is not all good, no life is. I am not going to spoil it with useless regrets.
The past is done. There is still the present and the future to be improved and enjoyed. Don't just wish. Do good now.
... Nick Lethbridge, Churchlands

====
printed in The West a few days later



Nick Lethbridge    /    Consulting Dexitroboper
Agamedes Consulting    /   Problems? Solved.
   ===


As Conan says: What does not kill you
does not kill you

1 comment:

Orry said...

Great attitude.