Monday 25 January 2010

Comments in Moderation

There's a minor change to the settings for this blog. I have set "Moderation" on, for all comments.

As I understand it, that means that , if you post a comment to my blog, I must approve that comment before it will appear. So there will be a slight delay -- perhaps even a day or two -- before you see your comment appear. My apologies, in advance!

But why?

There are very few comments posted to this blog. Thank you very much to the people who have read and commented! It's quite exciting to realise that people are actually reading my rantings :-)

Then there are the blog-spammers.

There have been several "people" posting comments which are (for example) invitations to visit a website which will guarantee to earn huge profits. Look, the "person" posting the comment is already earning $xxx, having started with only $x... Oh, sure.

I don't mind the people who say no more than, "Nice blog, now visit mine." Though the two that I looked at just now were obviously written by the same person (or by the same spam-bot). But I do not appreciate the people who waste my time -- and yours -- by spamming "comments" which are just ads for dubious investment schemes.

So now I will Moderate all comments. Spam will waste only my time. Valid comments will be held up before being posted... sorry.

And a great big thank you to the admittedly small number of people who read my rantings and then take the time to post a relevant -- sometimes agreeable -- comment! Your efforts are very much appreciated :-)

Independent thinking & independent analysis of your problems by
Agamedes Consulting. Support for your thought:
email nick leth at gmail dot com

1 comment:

Nick, Consulting Dexitroboper said...

Take it to Judge Judy.