Monday 13 April 2009

"Public" TV

I was at the airport tonight. Had to wait a few minutes for the plane, so I sat down. Happened to be facing the tv set.

On tv was one man hitting another with a cricket bat. Hit him once, paused. Hit him again and again.

I tried staring out the window.

Looked back at the tv. There were people partying: snorting whatever tv actors snort; dancing with topless girls. I have no problems with the latter, an improvement to most parties.

It just doesn't seem to be the right sort of stuff to show on a "public" tv set. In an airport, where anyone passes by.

To tell the truth, I avoid the "violence and drug references" on tv at home.

It's just a bit harder to avoid it on a public tv at an airport.

Independent thinking & independent analysis of your problems by
Agamedes Consulting. Support for your thought:
email nick leth at gmail dot com

No comments: