Wednesday 26 July 2023

Frosty reception


Kate Emery wants us to love our neighbours. Laura Newell supports swearing as therapy.
Add family to the mix and smile at life.
I was jogging through a coastal suburb. A car drove up -- and drove straight onto a front lawn.
From the house, a strident woman's voice shouted, "Get your bloody car off the lawn or I'll call the cops and have you arrested." A woman climbed out of the car. Looked towards the house and called, "Hi Mum! we'll be right in."

27jul23: This was published in The West as For the love of family
I did have my doubts about my heading, A Frosty Reception but Emery's original article was inspired by Robert Frost's line about good fences making good neighbours.


====




Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===


In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Also, there's lots of competition for handicapped parking. (Alfred E. Neuman)

pwMapAppreadMe)


No comments: