Wednesday 24 April 2024

facebook fooey

FB would send me "suggestions" about people and groups I had never heard of. Friends of friends of friends...?
When a suggestion was for someone I had actually heard of and I clicked the link -- it would never go to the suggested post.
So I decided to close my FB account -- and failed.
It proved impossible for me to close my FaceBook account.

I did have some fun trying... along the way I set my language to Chinese.
Now I can't find the option to set my language back to English... all my prompts are in Chinese.
At least my FB emails, which I assume are more pointless "suggestions" -- all look interesting. With no relevance but lots of Chinese characters.
So, now -- I have set gMail to send any FB mail directly to spam.
===

Today... it's worse.
News is, that FB has introduced an AI. The AI tells you that it can't be turned off.
So, for example, to pick an *actual* example -- you may be discussing your children in a mothers' discussion group -- and one of the "mothers" -- is the FB AI.
Good grief :-(



Dr Nick Lethbridge / Consulting Dexitroboper
===

Bandaid solutions hurt when they are removed.

...Dying for you to Read my blog: notdotdeaddotyet.blogspot.com


No comments: